Wednesday, August 6, 2008

43 years ago today....

Holly was born. For every year since she can remember, she has loved celebrating her birthday - until THIS year. Although she has made it clearly known what gift she would like to receive, as she has ever since she could talk, she is grumpy about the whole birthday thing this year - not at all the Holly we all know and love. I mean, it was only three years ago that she very willingly celebrated turning 40, as she sipped tropical drinks while wearing a grass skirt at her birthday luau and bounced in the bounce house we rented for her big day. As her father says, "She has not changed a bit since she was five years old." This is true, however, I say she is at least 13 by now. I am actually a little bummed she is not approaching her birthday with excitement this year. Being the sullen, grumpy birthday girl is usually my job.

Happy Birthday Holly!

3 comments:

Lipstick Jungle said...

Happy Birthday Holly!

Anonymous said...

I cna't believe I forgot Holly's big day but i have not a good week. My mind has been otherwise involved with some happenings at work. Happy Birhtday holly don't let the number get you down, this is from someone who has a few years on you and still enjoys her birthday. Remeber age is only a number.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Holly!! And Shannon, I've not forgotten about April and now we need to go celebrate your birthday!!! I'll drive! :-)