Friday, October 17, 2008

It really is the simple things that make us happy.

Happiness is rock painting in their PJs.



Reed is soo incredibly happy about the fact that we have been trimming trees and bushes around the yard so that he can ride to the dump in Grandpa's old red truck. Just looking at this picture makes him smile. Ya know the best part of his adventure? Having the man in the front loader fill up the back of the truck with mulch after helping mom unload the branches. Too bad I do not have pictures of Evyn and Reed helping us spread the mulch - I was always too dirty at that point to come inside to get my camera.
All of the kindy classes at Evyn's school went on their first field trip to the AB Farm to play, picnic and pick pumpkins and learn a little about the life cycle of the plant. They all wore their purple tie-dyed field trip shirts, which I thought were just another PTA money-making scheme, but I see how everyone wearing the same shirt helps to define the group. Money well spent, I suppose. Although the day felt more like a summer day than a fall day, it was super fun. The last two pictures are from the hay maze - there were a few animals caged in the maze and I thought the goat pen which included a shelter with a couch perched on top was hilarious.



No comments: