I do have to say, though, that Natural Bridge is one of the weirdest places - cool kind of weird and almost creepy. The hotel reminded us of "The Shining" except there was no snow and no bush maze. We decided that next time we would bring a big wheel for one of the boys to ride down the hallway just like in the movie just to possibly freak a guest or two out.
Our weekend getaway package included, among other things, tickets to a wax museum full of poorly done replicas. My favorite was Bill Clinton who looked very Asian. I also saw one who looked like my aunt's father-in-law, but I'm not sure who that particular figure was supposed to be. Then, there was the toy museum. Holly enjoyed it the most. My opinion was that it was the largest collection of dust and mold. I held my breath and followed the arrows o.u.t. of there. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the biggest attraction there, which was the Natural Bridge. We went to see it at night during the show, "The Drama of Creation," which was not at all what I thought it would be. Basically, it was a light show under the bridge while a booming voice talked about how the bridge was formed over time and then recited the book of Genesis - and then it was so..... It was weird. We all agreed that they should have the light show with a dance party under the bridge, liven things up a bit. On our way out of Natural Bridge, we stopped by the entrance to their haunted house and then took a tour of the caverns. Holly just loved the bats flying around down in the caverns. Our tour guide was a kid with a good sense of humor and that made the damp darkness and the occasional drip of water on your head from lord knows where that much more tolerable. It was definitely time well-spent. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment