Friday, September 11, 2009

The first week of school

Tuesday of this week was Evyn's first day of first grade and Reed's first day of kindergarten. Let's just say that I went from fretting last spring over sending my youngest to kindergarten to late this summer counting down the days and minutes until they both got on that beautiful yellow school bus. Seeing Mrs. R's face behind the wheel of the bus at 7:02 a.m. on Tuesday made me giddy. Of course, I was a little nervous for Reed with him going to a new school and all, but when the pictures were taken and little butts were planted firmly on the bus seat, I could have almost launched myself to the moon and back because, you know, that's how much I love 'em.




So what does a work-from-home mom do now that her youngest children are both school-aged and gone for seven hours of the day? She starts babysitting her granddaughter.
I am now back to baby wearing, nap schedules, diapers and baby bottles. I am so glad I can help out and get my baby fix with a baby that I have a very special interest in but yet don't have to lose sleep over. Being a 36 or 37 (I can't ever remember - hell, does it matter at this point?) year old grandma is totally cool, and once my little monkey gets the sleeping alone in a crib thing down, life will be grand....it's pretty darn good now, actually.

Us this morning on our jog through the neighborhood.

No comments: