Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The things doctors say about us

I work as a medical transcriptionist and have been doing this since Evyn was a baby. I work from home and opted for this way of life, which sometimes feels like a form of torture, so I could stay home with my babies. Now that my babies are not babies, I would love to get back out there and use my brain again, interact with people and truly enjoy what I am doing instead of handcuffing myself to my desk day after day, but that is really beside the point.

As a medical transcriptionist, I type up people's medical reports. Whatever the doctor says, I type. Most of the time it is the same old thing, but some of the time I find myself laughing at what these doctors are saying about their patients. Some of the comments are so entertaining that I have a "funny quotes" file where I will save these quotes just for the heck of it. I decided to share my funny quotes file from 2010 with you. There is no identifying information about the doctor or the patient, so I figured it would be okay to do so. Here ya go:

~NOTE: We discussed politics a little bit. He is a die-hard democrat. He left the other practice because they kept showing Fox News on all of their TVs, and he had trouble with the Christians there.

~He denies any problems, though he is really a medical wreck.

~She is high on a fiber diet.

~He is a fellow that likes to, I think, ignore things.

~She is the sweetest gal, but she is built like a bowling ball. She must weight 300 pounds with one extremity.

~Injection therapy is a little bit of a problem with him since he is on Plavix and he really does not want anything to do with putting needles into his penis.

~He is a patient I remember because he talks a lot and he does not listen to what you say but the bottom line is….

No comments: