Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Ultimate Party Favor

Evyn attended a birthday party yesterday for one of her fellow Brownies who also happens to be in her class. The little girl's mother could easily be Bree from Desperate Housewives. I have had a lot of dealings with this girl's mother in the past and have always noticed some of her "Bree-like" characteristics. At this point, I just hope I do not accidentally start calling her Bree to her face because of the party favors that she passed out after her daughter's party. Each girl in attendance received a (probably 600 thread count) pillow case with their initial and a butterfly embroidered on it and a nicely personalized and laminated bookmark. I'm all about not handing out a bag of plastic crap and candy after my kids' birthday parties but never in a million years would an embroidered pillow case cross my mind as being a great idea for a party favor. I'm just amazed that anyone would have time to do something like that. I have to say, it is brilliant and beautiful - well done Bree!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Shannon, yes, this summer Eliza went to a bday party at one of those fancy-schmancy cooking places in the mall and each kid got an apron with their name embroidered on it. Overachiever.