Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm Naughty, I'm Guilty and My Mom Hates Me, by Ramona

Now that I am finally one year old and old enough to run regularly with my mom, I have been very happy. I love to run, and she is training for a half marathon. I think we are a perfect pair, but I hear her tell her friends how much better Troy is on a leash. My mom gets irritated with me sometimes when I quickly and unexpectedly try to chase a squirrel, or scare a bunny while I am on the leash, but she gets really mad when I act completely crazy when I see another dog. Not all dogs interest me. I really like the little yappy ones because I like to yap right back at them. My mom has been working with me, and I know she sees how smart I am. She also sees how much energy I have and how I just cannot control myself sometimes. She is not always patient with me. She wants to listen to her music and just follow the route, but I like to throw some of my smooth yet unexpected moves into our routine and jerk her arm or maybe give her a slight case of whiplash. I've even tried to take out both of her knees at once. She accuses me of trying to kill her or embarrass her. I'm just trying to have some fun.



Earlier this week, my mom and I were out getting some exercise when I spotted a little dog up ahead. I got really excited and put my foot on the leash, which always forces Mom to stop and get my leg back off of the leash. To keep me from repeating this obnoxious behavior, she held the leash straight up over my head. I could not get my foot into it, but I was able to chew my annoying head collar, and my mom had no idea what I was up to until I took off, leaving the leash on the ground. Mom sprinted after me and yelled ahead to warn the lady that was walking the little dog that I was coming at full steam ahead. When the lady saw me, she was really surprised and so was that little dog of hers. The dog and I started hopping around, sniffing each other. We were like a little white and black tornado of dog action. Before I knew it, we made the lady fall right there on the side of the road. My mom ran up to us right as this happened and I could tell right away that she was M.A.D. I had caused this lady to fall down, all because I just wanted to play. I created more drama that morning than anyone who knows me thought possible.



Mom keeps telling me that I am more trouble than I am worth, and she has gone running without me two times since then, leaving me home pacing and crying. I keep hearing her mumble something about not knowing if she will ever take me out running with her again. She did get me a new metal pinch collar that I definitely will not chew on, if she ever gives me a chance to redeem myself. I really did not mean to hurt anyone. Maybe once the images of the rescue squad coming to pick the injured lady up fade from her brain, she will let me join her for runs again. It might be a while though. I really screwed up this time.

No comments: