So, all week last week Holly kept saying "I am old. I am gray. I can't believe I am getting ready to turn 42 on Monday." Well, once Friday evening rolled around, she was all about it being her birthday. Bring on the beer, the friends, the food and don't forget the presents.
This past weekend was designated 'Holly's Birthday Weekend' and let me just tell you, it was non-stop. It started with a couple of guests Friday evening (including friends for Evyn and Reed). The kids even stayed up way late, racing around on Power Wheels in the front yard in the dark. Saturday morning was sort of a recovery day early on, Evyn spent the day with Braxton and Ayden, and then more friends came over in the evening - lots of swimming kids and water balloons and a bucket o' margaritas ( I had dinner plans and missed that mini-party). That brings us to Sunday, the actual birthday dinner cookout and swimming with a different group of friends and a few of the friends who had been over earlier in the weekend. I feel like I need to go into hiding - being that social (and all of the *social* drinking) is painful.
Holly took today off to recover from her birthday weekend, which was a brilliant idea. She woke up this morning with a screwed up back from the intense water balloon battle last night (you would have thought she was at the peak of her softball throwing career) and a hangover - not really feeling on top of the world. I am waiting for one of the kids to ask why Mom's birthday lasts for three days and theirs only lasts for one. No question who the biggest kid of this family is. Happy birthday Holly.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment