So, back to the gift....When I opened this box, I noticed a card on top - a sweet sympathy card. In this card, Kelly made reference to the gift and stated that beneath the gift wrap was a present meant for ME - something to put a smile on my face! She also said the kids would probably enjoy it quite a bit as well. The two little monsters that were trying to rip away at the wrapping as I read the card were promptly informed that "this is a present for Mommy - hands off!" (I honestly can't remember receiving something just for me since my kids have been born, unless you count things that came addressed to me because I had ordered them.)
Kelly also went on to say that she bought this item because as soon as she saw it she thought of me/us and our care-free days, playing after school, or was it more like 'roaming the street of suburban Dallas because we got out of school so early and had too much time on our hands.' Either way, the thing found under the gift wrap was this:
A picture does not do this car justice. When you push the yellow button on the hood, the car lights up underneath and the hydraulics kick in. So, you have purple under glow lights shining below, the front of the vehicle bouncing up and down and the bobblehead dudes in the car bouncing around. That's not all.... the best thing about this car is the fact that it also plays ZZ Top's Lowrider song - really loud. The kids and I laughed and repetitively pushed the yellow button. Reed got so familiar with the song that he was singing part of the words and filling in with La-La-LA. By the time that Holly got home from work, she was a little curious as to why Reed know the lowrider song so well.After the novelty wore off a bit, I started laughing to myself. Should I be happy or disturbed that this toy reminded someone of me? Of course, I really am happy (or happily disturbed). I love my new car Kelly!
for the record, i have never owned a lowrider, wanted a lowrider, driven a low rider or dated anyone who drove a lowrider and neither has Kelly. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment