Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hide and Seek

This game is the latest with Evyn and Reed. They play all of the time, any chance they get. Evyn even tells me that if she and Reed happen to be on the playground at school at the some time, they play there too. They love it! Good times!

This game has also created problems. Reed has been hiding at inappropriate times at home and at school, which is quite annoying when he should be following directions but is instead giggling from his hiding spot. We are working on this.

The other problem came this morning when Evyn decided to disappear. Holly was sleeping in, I was trying to work and Evy and Reed were playing the V-Smile. Evyn asked me for a bagel, I told her to wait a minute, finished what I was doing and proceeded to make her a bagel. When I went back out to speak to her she was not sitting on the sofa anymore. Once I had looked all through the house and then checked Grandpa's apartment, I was starting to worry a little. Long story short, I kept looking everywhere and pleading with her to come out if she was hiding. No response. I looked out front, looked out back and called her name while freezing and thinking that she had only a nightgown on. I panicked and woke Holly up and as we both searched and called her name and begged her to come out if she was hiding we heard NOTHING. I was ready to call 911 until I looked under Reed's bed and saw her little hand waving in silence.

Let's just say my fear turned to intense relief and anger. I don't think she will do that again. I never imagined that this great game could become such a source of trouble.

1 comment:

Lipstick Jungle said...

Hon, OMG. I have had those panic moments, but my kids hear my panic and come running. I dont know what, or how you can stop the behavior but maybe scare tactics are needed. Maybe YOU need to hide long enough to make them panic a little and see if it gets them to realize how wrong it is to let you panic that way.

UGH. Monkey see monkey do. Who would have thought Reed would teach his OLDER sister! hehehehe

GOOD LUCK!