Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Random news, trying to catch up.

I hate it when life, work and responsibilities get in the way of blogging and all of the other non-essential things I try to do in my spare time. Here is a funny and a couple of updates.....

First, I sent my mom a purse with a photograph of E and R on it for Christmas. My dad is quite the joker and altered it slightly to get my mom's attention, so she took a picture of it and sent it on. No harm done, he used a piece of black felt. :)

















In other news, Evyn lost her tooth the day after my last blog post. It was funny the way it happened. We went to get Reed's haircut last Friday and both kids were given a sucker. Evyn knocked her loose tooth with the sucker stick and basically completely loosened it to the point I was pretty sure it was no longer attached. She was upset about it, staring in the mirror with shear panic on her face as I tried to calm Reed who was having his first real clipper cut and was not at all enjoying it.
We left there and went to grocery shop at WalMart. I packed a snack for the store, and as I shopped and they snacked Evyn announced that her tooth fell out while she was eating and immediately started to panic again. I happily reassured her that this was in fact a cool thing to have happen and that the tooth fairy was going to come and, best of all, Sissy would be so excited. Then we could not find the tooth. Picture us in a WalMart grocery isle with at least six other shoppers in the immediate vicinity looking all over for a tooth that was basically the same color as the floor. I looked under the shelf and was sure I had found it until I got a closer look and realized it was some tooth-colored object that was sorta tooth shaped (if you're a shark). She was convinced that I was a hero and even upon closer inspection never realized that it was an impostor. Shew! Later that night, the tooth fairy woke up in a panic at 3 a.m., forgetting she had a very important visit to make. She normally does not carry cash but happened to have a dollar. She did her work and all is well. The impostor (shark tooth) will never be seen by Evyn again. I love a happy ending. (And yes that is food on her face)


Lastly, our little man had his gobs of long-ish hair cut way off. He is barely recognizable but is so handsome. I am still a fan of the long, shaggy hair, however, he is so cute and so grown up looking now that he is even more irresistible. I can kiss the back of his neck now while giving him what looks like it could be equal to whiplash. Isn't he handsome?


1 comment:

Lipstick Jungle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair cut! I am so not ready to start losing teeth again in our house. Its just not fair! :) hehehehehe

Im glad that her first "natural" loss was painless. Hopefully the next one wont be so panic stricken!

lo