It is official....... the holidays are over and we are once again faced with morning routines, bus schedules, lunch packing, meetings, work, etc. The alarm clock was not my friend this morning. I had to wake the sleeping princess for her first day back at school, which I hate to do. It was cold and foggy and still dark-ish. The bus was right on time -7 a.m. UGH! I went for my first run in a week and nearly keeled over. How many more months until those birds that annoy the hell out of us in the wee hours of the morning start chirping again and the sun shines just as early? Speaking of annoying, the guinea pig escaped today, and Reed found her under his bed. I went back there to catch her and closed Reed's door so that Troy would not feel the need to help us out. This was all fine and great and I caught the little pig, but then I realized that Holly had taken Reed's doorknob partially off - took the knob but left the little thing that secures the door in the closed position. There is no doubt in my mind that Reed's room is child safe after searching and searching for long, screwdriver-like items to open the door with. Nothing of the sort. We were locked in and also locked out because once I managed to squeeze through his window and jump down all while somehow busting my arm up, all of the doors were locked. Ahh, Mondays! Now that the holidays are over and the excitement for the season is gone, all there is now is winter and routine with a little (or a lot) unpredictability thrown in. I would like to either take a tropical vacation or fast forward to March or April. There is really nothing but warm weather to look forward to at this point. I really don't mean to be a scrooge and I'm not as grumpy as I probably sound, I'm just cold, and sick of this dreary winter.
3 comments:
LOVE THE CARDS!!!!
(love troy)
while im at it, love the fam picture to the right.
holy crap, that's a monday alright. how did you get back in?
Kim - Thanks! I really should have some more made. I also made my friend that hooked us up with Troy a 4x6 magnet w/the orange background and some cards and she freaked - loved 'em! I want some now, lol.
Becky-FILs apartment is attached to the end of our house...luckily he was home and heard me banging on his window. I have a lovely bruise (still) from that adventure. :)
Post a Comment