Wednesday, October 20, 2010

He lost a tooth

The little man came home from school on Monday proudly showing off his new smile. He lost his tooth during lunch and managed to not swallow it. A friend of ours whose daughter is in Reed's class happened to be having lunch with the class and was able to help him out - we hear it was pretty bloody. Good thing our friend is a nurse and not upset by the sight of blood.

Speaking of school, things have been much better with the bully situation. I am not sure what has made the situation better. Possibly his teacher's intervention, possibly Reed's response to the kid or who knows what. Reed is coming home from school a happy boy, and that is what I like to see. In fact, he came home yesterday, telling me about showing off his silver dollar that the tooth fairy had left under his pillow. He also told me that he has a new best friend named Jack who is not in his class but on his bus. He was very matter of fact, using his deep serious voice to tell me every fact about Jack that he knew. He also told me that they got a new student, a girl whose name is Bandanna. She has tan skin and is from Semalley and she speaks English and Richmond language, so he can understand her just fine. He thinks she is very nice. I confirmed once more that she speaks Richmond and he said, "Yes, Bandanna from Semalley definitely speaks Richmond, just like I do."

I received an email from his teacher yesterday later in the afternoon, informing the parents of some school-related news and welcoming the new student, Briana. The teacher did not mention where she is from but I would guess that it is a neighboring county and not the country of "Semalley."

No comments: