Monday, November 15, 2010

Reed's way with words

Recently, Reed asked me what the word gorgeous means and then promptly used it in a sentence, telling me that I was gorgeous. He has randomly been paying me the nicest complements lately, perfecting the art of sucking up. He does it with such a sweet face, follows it with a hug and sometimes a kiss. He watches my response and sees that I find his words endearing.

Yesterday, he was in sweet mode and approached me with a complement. This is how it went:

R: Mommy, I have something nice to say to you. *pause* It is about your face.

Me(trying not to chuckle): Oh, ok. What is it?

R: Your face is super, duper cute, really cute. I like your clothes (I was wearing old jeans and a stained shirt) and your hairstyle too (I was sporting bed head).

I'm not sure what he is up to, but knowing how and when to pay one a complement is important stuff. If he wants to practice on his mommy with her old, not-at-all stylish clothes, I certainly do not mind. He has even complemented my freckles...the boy is digging deep.

No comments: