Friday, November 23, 2007

Baby for sale

Sweet Evyn has been telling me that she wants a baby, "one that will live with us and be the little sister." This is a relatively new topic and a subject with a fairly straightforward answer - NO! or HELL NO! I do admit that sometimes I think that it would be great but then I come to my senses and know that one more being to care for would likely send me over the edge.
With the upcoming Christmas season, Evyn has been spending time lately ooo-ing and aah-ing over the toy sale ads. She has even been cutting and pasting pictures onto her list - a huge green sheet of construction paper with rows and rows of pictures of the toys she has to have for Christmas. Today as I was working at my desk, she approached me with one of my Parents magazines in her arms. She showed me a baby toy that she wanted her stuffed kitten to have (since when do parents have to buy toys *for* toys?). She then turned the page and showed me an adorable newborn baby. She told me that "this baby is for sale. Isn't she cute? She would love to be in our family. I want my scissors so I can cut her picture out. I can put her on your list." If only it was that easy.....

3 comments:

Dayna said...

LOL. We used to have a store at our mall called "The Man Shop" before I was married, I wanted to go in, and buy a man.

Apparently I'm about as mature as a 5 year old.

Anonymous said...

I've got a 3 y.o. girl I can lend you for a weekend-- or an hour-- that would convnice Evyn that she doesn't want a little sister.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

So my question is this... since we know Holly has brought the subject up recently, is it possible SHE had something to do with this??? hehehehehehehehe!!! I think your girls are trying to tell you something my friend!! :)