Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

Evyn informed me the other day that she hears stories in her head. She later clarified, telling me that she can use her imagination to make up/hear stories.
This coincides with the type of play that she has been getting into lately. Although she uses a very soft voice, I have noticed her talking for her toys and to her toys. She has also been telling me that she had a dream about a certain thing and then asks if I would like to hear about it. The dream always starts out about the particular thing she has mentioned, but as I respond with interest to what she is saying, the dream takes a twist, becomes a little more than originally thought and she then concludes it with a "the end." Obviously, she is really into making up stories, which I love.
This afternoon, Evyn started telling me again about hearing stores in her head. She also informed me that when the story in her head ends, she can listen to music (in her head) too. I told her (fighting back laughter) that I thought that was really neat. She then, in an effort to one-up her brother, tells me that Reed has to listen to his radio if he wants to hear music and stories but she can hear it all in her head. Yes, she is entertaining herself (and me) and that is great. I just hope she does not start telling me that *the voices* are telling her to do things.

No comments: