Monday, November 12, 2007

My boy's work of art

Very unlike Evyn, Reed is not terribly interested in crafts or coloring. His teacher told me that he needed to practice at home with the scissors, so we have been doing that. Ever since then, he has been wanting to color more often and likes to finish off the picture with making little cuts all around the paper - the fringe effect. Once he found the smelly, non-washable (go figure) markers, it was all over - he really has been enjoying art time.

The other day, he came running in, displaying his latest work of art. I knew he was coloring but I did not know he had climbed up a bar stool (that swivels around, of course) to reach the scissors up on the highest shelf in the room. This is what he presented me with:If you look closely, you can see the fringe. I can't even describe how proud he was or how scared I was, thinking what could have happened while he was standing on the swiveling bar stool with the scissors.

No comments: