Monday, December 10, 2007

Channeling Martha

I have to share a Holly story. This is so out of character for her that it could not go unnoticed. I have been sick recently and Holly had to step up to the plate in a big way, taking care of me and the kids and the house while I was out of commission (and make up for the lack of fun they were having with me, the sick grump). With the added responsibilities, she even managed to dig deep, trying to find her inner Martha Stewart.
For those who don't know Holly, she is more of a hammer, drill and duct tape type of girl who likes to ride the kids around on dirt bikes, or throw balls at them as they do laps through the living room, a stark contrast from the ornament painting, paper chain making, candy cane hanging, cookie baking momma that I have been seeing lately. Its not that she engaged the kids in crafts necessarily, but she came up with these ideas all on her own. Even I, the crafty one, have to look around online or in magazines to steal someone else's ideas. She is probably going to kill me after reading this but a step outside of the norm of this magnitude is definitely worth mentioning.

1 comment:

Lipstick Jungle said...

Rock on Holly!!! Shan, if it works on Holly, can it work on my husband who is a complete pansy that probably wouldnt know what to do with a hammer and duct tape? Wait, maybe she could teach him what they are!!!

When I am sick the most I get is an "Aww Honey" (note the snide voice I use) and a complete lack of help for anything I would be doing if not sick.

You are so lucky!!!