You can bet that this is the way we "tree shop" for years to come. Not only was it nice to support our local grower, but the experience was one the kids will hopefully always remember.
Friday, December 21, 2007
A hunting we will go
This is actually the closest thing to hunting I will probably ever experience. We went to a tree farm and cut our own Christmas tree down for the first time ever. Once we got to the farm, they provided a saw and drove us out to the area where we could choose our tree. Here is a slideshow: http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/CN3ZB4Pw We did this weeks ago, but since this was the theme to our Christmas cards, I was waiting until they were mailed and hopefully received.
You can bet that this is the way we "tree shop" for years to come. Not only was it nice to support our local grower, but the experience was one the kids will hopefully always remember.
Here is the tree after Evyn and Reed decorated it. Some of the ornaments had to be redistributed, but they did most of the work. Notice Reed lying there sucking his thumb waiting for the North Pole Express to come back around.
You can bet that this is the way we "tree shop" for years to come. Not only was it nice to support our local grower, but the experience was one the kids will hopefully always remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shannon, I loved it!!!
My favorite picture was of Holly pointing to the smallest tree there! Then of course the series of E & R trying to drag the tree!
Its great to see the whole family happy and having a great time!
Merry Christmas!
I got your card today and I now know why you waited! LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment