Oh boy! I knew today would be hard. It was even harder than I imagined given the fact that Reed awoke with a fever this morning - the last day of pre-school - another thing to complicate an already complicated morning.
Today was the last day of pre-school for both kids. It was also the day that Evyn and I were to go to her future elementary school for a mini orientation, which means that I had to find a way to get Reed to school at the exact time that Evyn and I were to arrive at the elem. school (thank you Ashley!) all while Evy missed the first hour of her final day of pre-school. Since Reed had a fever, he did not go to school and stayed home with Ashley (big sisters rule!) while Evy and I did our thing. We also had to miss Reed's class park adventure and picnic, but that is another story.
Although she was nervous, Evyn was so brave and went with the other kids and teachers to see the kindy classrooms and check out the school bus. The principal talked to the parents during this time. He seems to be a super guy, energetic and outgoing - not like the jerky, stuffy principals that I remember when I was in school. His daughter is starting kindy in the fall too, and he almost started crying as he was talking about how it feels to send your "baby" to school for the first time. I was very pleased with what he had to say and am so impressed with the school's reputation and community support. It is truly outstanding, and I hope that Evyn's experience there is too. We both left the orientation feeling much better about the big changes that will come our way this fall. I might even let her ride the bus to school on the first day like she says she wants to do. Is she excited or what?

We rushed to pre-school after that so Evy could catch the last part of her very last day at Trinity. This was sad. Her teacher cried so hard when we presented her with a book the kids had made for her. Did I mention how emotional this day has been? It is the end of 4 years that Evy has spent either in their parent's morning out program or in pre-school. She has had super teachers and sweet friends each year. Holly and I want to know where the time has gone. Here we are with this beautiful, wonderful, 50 pound partially toothless five year old who is so obviously ready for kindy. Definitely bittersweet. Im glad we have some time to digest all of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment