It is amazing what warm, fresh air and play can do. Even though it is Friday, I am not thrilled due to the fact that I have been working too many late nights lately, like more than the part-time that I signed up for. It makes me grumpy and weighs my mind down knowing that I have more than enough work to completely screw my weekend up. I have been impatient with my kids and feeling guilty because of it...blah, blah, blah - you moms know the drill.
We ended up going to the park to have a picnic and meet Reed's Buddy A and his mom. As soon as we got there, Evyn was spotted by one of her classmates, one of *my* personal favorites. :)Those two had so much fun. They even let Reed join in while he waited for his buddy.
Seeing that completely changed my mood and brightened my day. They sang songs while they ate their lunch, they shared some snacks, climbed, looked for bugs, blew bubbles, monkey bars, swings, you name it. It was nothing but cute, and I am so glad I drug my grumpy behind out of the house. These are the things that make me so happy to be a mom - the fun, the developing friendships, the excitement and watching my kids be kids without a care in the world.
They are now tired and I have a fresh perspective. That was time well-spent. :)
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment