Monday, July 21, 2008

Misha, May 1994 - July 2008

Today was the day that we had to say farewell to another one of our dogs, Misha. With as many times as I have killed her off in my head, only to have her snap back and shock us all, I was beginning to think that she was never going to give up - she was a fighter like that.

She started struggling with dehydration on Friday but was still eating. Thanks to Milly, we were able to get her a bag of IV fluids/electrolytes and perk her up during the weekend while Grandpa was out of town. She is technically his dog and all we wanted was for her to be comfortable while he was gone for the weekend so that he could have the chance to say goodbye, which we were able to do.

I am relieved for her but sad for us. She has truly been the greatest, strong-spirited dog that we have ever had or that I have ever known of. I knew her well enough to know that she was over it and ready to move on before she was unable to wag or lift her head, and for that I am glad. She left us after chowing on the some seriously stinky wet food and eating as many of the vet's dog and cat treats she could inhale and was surrounded by familiar faces. It was peaceful and definitely the right thing to do. She will be missed.

3 comments:

mimi said...

I was so sorry hear about misha, I will miss seeing her when I come to visit. She was a sweet dog and was so good with the kids.

Michelle said...

Sniff, sniff! She was such a strong willed dog. I'll miss seeing her.

Lipstick Jungle said...

I am so sorry for your loss friend!