Thursday, July 10, 2008

Troy Boy!

Do you think Troy misses his previous owners? Not that they were not nice people, but he has not destroyed one piece of *our* furniture, eaten any of *our* doorways and we never come home wondering what kind of trouble he has been into while we were gone. I think his behavior in the lively home speaks volumes, especially when you compare it to the stories of his destruction in his first home. They were going to have him put to sleep because he was so bad. I can't imagine....

He loves it here with us. He wants to be part of every little bit of excitement that goes on, which is not always a great thing, but he thrives on action, which we have plenty of. Holly and I were watching him play this morning with a little frog who always seems to be swimming in our pool on Thursday mornings. He runs around, paws at it, sticks his face in up to his eyeballs and swishes his head around or just tries to grab it with his mouth. This is also what he does to the kids when they are swimming. Holly and I agree that if there is one thing that would improve Troy's existence, it would be the ability to swim. He wants in so bad but will not go beyond the top step. Maybe we should build him a ramp.

We really wanted to change his name initially, wondering who the hell names a dog 'Troy.' Since we are really into rhyming these days, 'Troy' has become 'Troy Boy' which sounds even more ridiculous but whatever. This dog could care less what you call him.

Doesn't he look right at home lounging on the rafts?

3 comments:

mimi said...

Wish I could be that comfortable. In my next life I want to be a dog at your house.

Michelle said...

So Tyler saw me reading this and went TROY!!!!!!

Lipstick Jungle said...

As my favorite dog expert Ceasar from the Dog Whisperer says, the energy around the dog makes all the difference.

There is positive happy energy, so it makes sense!