Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Little Getaway

We headed down to Chesapeake, VA for a long weekend and to celebrate the 4th with Holly's cousin, Karen, and her husband. They are lucky enough to have a parade travel right through their neighborhood, right in front of their house. Evyn was much more impressed by this than Reed and had to be told at least twice that it was time to get up from the curb because the parade was over. I really cannot blame her for wanting more since many of the groups in the parade were throwing out fun things like candy, fireman hats and pencils.


We also managed to spend three days lounging on the beach which was absolutely wonderful. Reed was happy as long as he was in the water. The rest of the time, he was either trying to get the sand off of his feet or trying to strip off his trunks and streak across the beach. It got to the point where Holly and I started alternating chasing him down. If there were not so many freaks in the world, we would have just let him be "free." After all of the explaining about how sand is what makes a beach a beach and how everyone has sandy feet when they are on the beach, he still was not too thrilled with the sand. I think his favorite part of the beach, other than collecting shells, was the shower we rinsed off in on our way back to the car. Evyn, on the other hand, loved all of it.



Holly also arranged for me to go with Karen and have a facial while we were there at The Virginia Institute of Esthetics in Virginia Beach where the students perform services super cheap. It was my first facial and will probably not be the last. At the very least, it made me realize that I should probably be nicer to my face and use a facial cleaning system rather than whatever bar of soap is in the shower.
Other than the terrible traffic, we had a great time with Karen and Boone, meeting their friends and not even knowing what time it was for the majority of the time we were there. I do have some other pictures and stories that are quite entertaining, however, I must make sure I have Holly's permission before I post them.

No comments: