
The view down our driveway.
My favorite tree in our yard.
* This is the most beautiful week of the year where we live. The colors are gorgeous and it is all I can do to focus on the road and not the trees as I drive around town.
* This week I completely filled up my Tahoe for $41.91 (at $1.90/gallon) and Holly's Santa Fe for $26.16 ($1.88/per gallon). Not too long ago, it was $90 + to fill up the Tahoe alone. Cha-Ching! When was gas below $2 a gallon? We cannot remember.
* My conference with Evyn's teacher on Monday was music to my ears. According to her teacher, she would have it made if she had a class full of students like Evyn.
* Reed is continuing to do really well at school and at home too. Our new ticket system is working, he is motivated and I hope it continues. I also finally got my hands on a book that will hopefully help us figure this little man out - now to find time to read it.
* I had the pleasure of helping in Evyn's class yesterday doing something other than the usual computer station work. We made turkeys out of round coffee filters that we dripped food coloring on (feathers), cut out the turkey body (bowling pin shaped piece of brown paper) and beaks (orange paper) . cute project and even cuter kids. Even the shy kids are talking my head off at this point. I just love 'em (probably because I only spend about an hour per week with them).
* The election - it was super cool to be part of it - much more meaningful than previous years. Very cool to be living and voting as a democrat in VA.

No comments:
Post a Comment