Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The 100th day of kindergarten, now what?

Since Evyn's first day of kindergarten, they have been counting each day. Today marked day 100 and the whole school erupted in celebration. I really had no idea the 100th day was such a big deal. Now I know.

After taking the handsome little tyrant to pre-school, I went to help in Evyn's class where they were doing anything and everything a kindergartner could do that relates to the number 100. They made hats that said something about 100 days of school, strung 100 Froot Loops onto a necklace, 100 dominoes, 100 piece puzzles, 100 fingerprints. You get the idea.

Evyn has been waiting very patiently for this day. She knew it was going to be a big day, a lot of special activities, had a special dress picked out to wear and everything. I guess with all of this 100th day planning and the performance that the kindergartners put on yesterday morning for the students and last night for the parents, showing off things they have learned, she thought today was the last day of school. This morning she asked, "Now that it is the 100th day and kindergarten is over, what am I going to do now"?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Tyler got the exact same glasses on his 100th day of Kindergarten on Tuesday. He is still wearing them around the house every chance he gets. They match her dress so well. :-)