Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

Back by popular demand, the Easter bunny made an appearance at our 5th annual Easter Egg Hunt this year. Mimi was in town for the weekend and was witness to our most favorite kid party of the year. Not as big this year but just as much fun.







I said the Easter Bunny was back by popular demand, but as you can see from her expression, Alleigh was not too sure about our bunny.

The kids had a wonderful time with their Mimi last weekend. They helped her make an Easter bunny cake, and made egg-shaped Rice Krispie treats drizzled in chocolate. Evyn and Mimi also made a new spring-themed wreath for our front door. I think Mimi might have been a little horrified to find out that I had just taken our Christmas wreath down the week before she got here. I really, really liked it and hated to take it down.

We spent Easter Sunday at Lewis Ginter, our local botanical garden. It was a sunny day and with the tulips and other things in bloom, it truly is beautiful this time of year. They had 4,000 pinwheels stuck into the ground in the children's garden. April is Child Abuse Awareness Month and each wheel represents a child that benefited from a Virginia-based child abuse prevention program. It was a windy day and the shiny, spinning wheels were really cool to watch. With all of the shining and flashing of the spinning wheels, I would not be surprised to hear that a spaceship touched down in the children's garden. It was amazing and I would not be surprised if you could see it from space.




Monday came too soon, as usual. Mimi had to board her flight back to Texas which set off a flood of tears from poor Evyn. She cried on-and-off all afternoon that day, missing her Mimi. According to Evyn, Mimi needs to come back to visit in 90 dark sleeps (we measure all special events by "dark sleeps") or less.

No comments: