I'm so behind with my updates, I really don't know where to start. I think the easiest thing would be to duct tape the kids to their beds so I can have a few hours to think and type in silence, however, the truly best, kind and legal option here is to let the pictures speak for themselves.
He is a pro by now, but Reed spent the morning about three Sundays ago getting the feel for his bike minus the training wheels and then he spent the rest of the day refusing help and perfecting his take off. By Sunday evening, he was completely self-sufficient and totally proud!
We also went out the the Irish Festival in Church Hill. There was plenty for the kids to do. The highlight for Reed was the race track pictured below (see Reed on the far right side with the orange vest on). It was like Mario Kart live - the cars raced on the track and the kids controlled the cars from mounted steering wheels on one end of the track. I have to report that Reed kicked some butt - the winner of each game won a free game. Let's just say our little man won a few freebies. He was hilarious, waving his fists in the air each time he learned of his victory.
Evyn ended up playing a bean bag toss game and won a stuffed animal. She actually got her pick of prizes. She was one proud, happy girl. Her first "big win" in six years. She is still talking about it, and Troy is still trying to have his way with the prize, a stuffed Husky named Hucks.
This festival was located around St. John's Episcopal Church where Patrick Henry gave his "Give me Liberty of Give me Death" speech. I'm no history buff but the fact that it is Richmond's oldest church located in one of the neatest parts of town was pretty fascinating, or maybe it was the beer.

Grandpa went to the beach to visit his brother and niece recently. This is what he brought back for Holly and I. My kind of coffee!
I have also recently had the pleasure of chaperoning Reed's class to our local children's museum. Two of his classmates rode with us and the three of us made our way up, over and through the entire museum. This trip opened my eyes to something that still makes me chuckle when I think about it. These four and five year olds who still, for the most part, substitute R's in a word with W's call my little man "Weed" instead of "Reed."
It has taken me days to finish this update. It's almost Tuesday, I started this on Friday. Anything else that has gone on recently just does not freaking matter at this point, or is just too much information.
No comments:
Post a Comment