Friday, May 8, 2009

It's the little things

There are some little things that have made me happy recently. So in a round about way, I guess this is like the Thankful Friday posts that I have been so inconsistent with lately.

Just this morning, I got an email from Reed's Teacher. We were working out the details of an upcoming class field trip, and she concluded the note with the following statement that totally reaffirms what I recently wrote about Reed: Once again I need to tell you what a fabulous transformation Reed has made this year - I'm so proud of him - he's really growing up:)


This week started the seventh month of pregnancy for Ashley. She has made it to 28 weeks, she's looking great, getting round and making us all smile when we see her. Each week that goes by gets us closer to that full-term goal.


Now, for the recent purchases in my life that have made me just giddy with excitement. Shoes. I almost never buy shoes for myself other than running shoes. Although I never used to be this way, I wear my shoes until they break or a special occasion comes up or something. I bought some Tevas recently as well as some funky Mions that are both w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. I also discovered Sierra Trading Post dot com where they sell these things a lot cheaper than most stores - I'm thrifty like that. The Tevas feel almost better than my running shoes do. Get some - you won't regret it. Now if only buying a bathing suit made me feel this way, I'd have it made. :)

We finally got a DVR. I have not had time to program much of anything - been so long since I've followed a show I have no idea what's even on these days, however, I love some Inhale with Steve Ross and have recorded about a week of him so far. It's on the Oxygen channel everyday at 6 a.m. EST. I feel like slapping Steve on occasion but the music is funky (think Motown, reggae) and I always feel it the next day. I have also recorded some of Cathe - she will kick your butt and looks darn good doing it. She is on one of the fitness channels at 7 a.m. EST. So far, my DVR has enhanced my workouts and I'm loving it so far.

My mom is full of surprises. My Mother's Day gift from her was perfect and very unexpected. My mom rocks.

On the mom front, Reed made a MD gift at school and even decorated his wrapping paper with rainbows and some little things that resemble pieces of fruit. He obviously worked really hard on the little wall hanging and the wrapping paper and card. In fact, he is so proud of it he is still carrying it around trying to find the perfect place to hang it regardless of where *we* want to hang it.

No comments: