Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tooth Fairy for Dogs?

The other day, I found a puppy tooth on the kitchen floor. I showed it to Evyn who immediately started to wonder if the tooth fairy would visit if she put the puppy tooth in her tooth fairy pillow. The tooth fairy in the Lively house is not always reliable. She has been really busy and really tired on those magical nights and has disappointed a couple of times, only to have to come back the next night and pay out double for being a forgetful slacker. The idea of the tooth fairy paying a visit on account of a puppy's tooth made me chuckle. My response to Evyn was to put it in her tooth pillow under her pillow and see what happens.

It just so happened that I had to run to the store that day. I picked up a little dog toy and thought it might be funny to slip it under Evyn's pillow during the night - assuming that I actually remembered to do that as I stumbled to bed that night. For the record, I stumble to bed every night and it has nothing to do with alcohol and everything to do with working rather late most nights.

I remembered and carried out the tooth fairy duty, Evyn was excited and Ramona loves her new squeaky toy, although Evyn hides it most of the time so Troy does not destroy it (Evyn's a smart girl - we don't call Troy Captain Destructo for nothing).

No comments: