Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Kindergarten

As of this morning, our sweet Evy is now officially registered for kindergarten. I actually feel calm and at ease with this but cannot help but feel a little sad. I almost cried pulling out of the elementary school parking lot. I'm so excited for her to take the next step and really learn and expand her horizons, however, this means that home is not her primary influence and there will be a loss of innocence. I mean Evyn does not even know who Hanna Montana is. Not that she is completely sheltered but she is to some extent. I know she will be fine. She will be attending a great public school, the same school that Ashley attended, as a matter of fact.

On May 21, she and I will go to orientation where she will take a bus ride, meet the teachers and get acquainted with the school. I think we are both equally excited about this. I just cannot believe she is old enough to go to elementary school already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of sending your precious little girl off to kindergarten. I know you did the right thing in waiting like you did. I am sure she will be fine especially with the great background you and Holly have given her. She is one blessed beautiful little girl.

kim said...

Chills. This is part of the Mommy Right of Passage you just made me realize and expressed for me. Ugh. Aiden does know who Hanna Montana is-he brought his Dad up to speed with that one. No matter what the reason though, why does K have to be so hard?! (For us of course!)

Lipstick Jungle said...

Its scary isnt it? When we went in March, Jadon wouldnt leave the one room to tour the other 3. I hope he doesnt end up in an unfamiliar room! Of course the room he liked has a train in it, so the choice is obvious right?

GL!