Friday, September 5, 2008

Can you stand more school talk?

After making the previous statements about Reed and school, he completely blew me away yesterday. When I dropped him off for his first official day without me there, he walked right in, put his snack on the tray after showing it to his teacher, hung his backpack up, a kiss and a hug for me and he walked off to play without any hesitation.
The best part was when I picked him up and the assistant director, who witnessed his antics during meet the teacher the previous day, informed me that he had, had a great day and then his teacher gave me the two thumbs up. You can bet I was one happy, relieved mommy. So far, so good.
I was so excited that I offered to take him out to lunch - anywhere. He said he would rather eat at home. I even offered to get him a drink at 711, Slurpee or anything. Nope, he just wanted to go home. I can guarantee if those offers had been made to Evyn, we would have had lunch at the Japanese steak house for lunch and a show and then a treat for 711 on the way home. :)


I also have to share a story abut Troy and Evyn's bus. Yesterday, Troy walked with Reed and I to E's bus stop. When it arrived and she got off, Troy acted like he wanted to get on the bus. The driver asked if she could pet him, so I let him walk up the steps and get on the bus to see her. Troy then tried to turn around to get off and was face-to-face with this kid who, as we learned, is scared to death of dogs. The kid climbed up the inside of the bus like a spider and screamed, horror movie style in an instant. Even though the kid was traumatized, it was hilarious, especially when Troy then refused to get off of the bus.

No comments: