Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evy's First Day of Kindergarten

Until last night, Evyn has been talking about how great it will be to ride the bus two times every day and just positively, in general, with all of the school talk lately. She was fine until last night when she fell apart because she did not want to be away from me for so long during the day and how she always wants to be with me. I had to try really hard not to cry a few times. We then promptly neglected to set our alarm so we could get up, I could work and we could both work out. Instead, we woke up in a panic 1 hour and 20 minutes behind schedule.
Despite our late start, Evyn got herself together this morning with just a little bit of hesitation and insisted that Troy walk with us to her bus stop. Once we walked down the busy street on a section of road with no shoulder and a a ditch on each side, Troy managed to knock her down which did not go over well at all. I have already requested a new bus stop - the one my next door neighbor uses. You would think that being neighbors and all, the transportation people would realize this and send us both to the same bus stop. Nope, he goes about two blocks to the left on a much safer stretch of road, and we go two blocks to the right. Anyway, once she brushed herself off, she did not seem too worried, UNTIL the bus came.

See how scared Reed looks - he was scared we were going to toss him on the bus too.
Although she was a little scared, she was very brave and got right on the bus and found a seat up front with all of the other kindergartners with the deer-in-the-headlights faces.
I did have to take her Benadryl up to the clinic this morning, and it just happened to be her lunch time. After Reed and I dropped her medicine off, we waited in the car and watched her class walk to the cafeteria. Ahh, she did make it to school on the big bus afterall. I guess the shock will wear off soon enough.

No comments: