Thursday, July 29, 2010

What did you say?

Holly and I have noticed Reed saying a word lately that sounds a whole lot like a vulgar word. He has said it while playing, the moment passes and we are left wondering what in the world he is talking about (we were in a group and not wanting to make a big deal out of what we thought we heard).

Last night, he was playing around my legs, wrapping his around mine and then said, "hey, you touched my pushy." I then started grilling him about what he was talking about. He told me that his friend's dad said it while they were wrestling last weekend. Knowing the dad and knowing that he would never use a word that sounds so much like a vulgar word while playing with children, I asked Reed to show me his "pushy." He then turned around and pointed to his lower back. It was then that I realized that "pushy" rhymes with "tushy," which is what Reed's buddy's dad was actually saying. We explained to Reed that he was not using the right term or location and that tushy is another name for butt. We also told him that "pushy" was never to be used to describe a body part, and is only used to describe Evyn's behavior. Glad we got that one cleared up before school starts back up.

No comments: