Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Grade Happenings

As the school year winds down, the activites at school seem to be ramping up. Last Friday was Field Day for all of the grades but kindergarten. Of course, I volunteered to help out. It is just another way for me to relive one of my own great childhood memories. Field Day was definitely my favorite way to spend a school day. It's still my favorite way to spend a sunny spring day - I am doing it again this Friday with Reed's kindergarten class.







This week, the first grade classes put on a little play about living in the USA. Most of the kids had to dress up in one way or another. It looked to me to be a test of the parents' creativity because you know that your average first graders would not be able to transform themselves into an eagle, a cardnial, a dogwood tree or our governor. Evyn had to dress up to respresent the state of Wyoming. I was going to dress her up like a moose or a buffalo until I realized how much of a pain that would be with not enough time to just order one off of the internet. We opted for the western look with a pastel flare. The play was adorable. I just wish I had taken my videocamera.








No comments: