Other than the sweet voices of my children wishing me/us a happy mother's day, this little cake was the sweetest thing about my day. It definitely made me feel better as I sat and worked while itching, slathering hydrocortisone cream on occasionally. Why would I spend the day itching you ask? It was the nest of ticks that I encountered (along with Holly and Reed) while working in the yard the day before. Between the numerous tick bites, me having to work, Holly having to work and us discovering that the electricity leading to the pool pump had to be dug up and completely redone, it was a decent day. The cake made us all feel better, even if I did have to fight Evyn for the rose.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mother's Day
Other than the sweet voices of my children wishing me/us a happy mother's day, this little cake was the sweetest thing about my day. It definitely made me feel better as I sat and worked while itching, slathering hydrocortisone cream on occasionally. Why would I spend the day itching you ask? It was the nest of ticks that I encountered (along with Holly and Reed) while working in the yard the day before. Between the numerous tick bites, me having to work, Holly having to work and us discovering that the electricity leading to the pool pump had to be dug up and completely redone, it was a decent day. The cake made us all feel better, even if I did have to fight Evyn for the rose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful cake. I am sure it made your day.
Post a Comment