Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good bye, I will miss you

I had to say farewell to something very dear to me yesterday. I did not cry, but I did sit down to reflect on the years that we have spent together. During those years I had been happy and content and comfortable when we were together. The color, the coverage, they way they covered my ass so well. I will never forget the fold on the right rear flap pocket that I was always too lazy to iron. I will forget none of it and will always miss my favorite pair of green American Eagle pants. Yesterday I was horrified as I pulled them up and discovered that from the side of the zipper down through the crotch was worn to the point of being wide open. They are now in the kids' bathroom trash can. Maybe one day soon I will brave enough to take the trash out and say my final good bye. I just might save the tears for then.


sniff, sniff....

I actually found a picture of me wearing my beloved pants from about a year ago. Just to clarify what is going on in the picture, Holly and Robert are having a huge wrestling match and I was attempting to get Evyn out of the "ring" while not spilling my drink.

No comments: