I usually do not like Mondays, but then again who does? I woke up to discover that Holly's potential illness from yesterday is a reality which means I am on my own all day which would not be a big deal if I did not have my work in addition to the kids. It not just about me either - the kids miss Mama at the dinner table, playing with them in the evening and wonder why they can't snuggle in "the sick bed." In spite of this unfortunate fact, I was secretly excited about the plans I had made with Beth and her two boys to catch the last performance of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus today.
I decided to get some exercise (weather in the 60s and sunny first thing this morning - bliss, I tell ya!) in before this big adventure and while I was running and pushing 2 heavy kids in the jogger, I let them in on my secret and they were excited, of course. When we returned from our jog, Beth had left a message stating that she FORGOT and was working today so there would be no circus - Ummm, no comment.
I decided to go for it alone, and the kids loved it. We made Holly some food and medicated her before we left. We packed a picnic for the car and even had a small box of Barnum's Circus Animal Crackers. I knew Evy would love it. She has been to the circus every year since she was two. This was Reed's first circus trip, and I was not sure he would be thrilled with the darkness, loud noise and sitting still for hours. He did great, clapped, laughed and asked to go bye-bye only a few times. We did leave before the show officially ended but the kids had seen enough, and I was satified that they were satisfied.
Evyn's Favorite part: "The lions and the people doing tricks on the bouncy tires."
Reed's favorite part: "The motorcycles riding around in the ball and the lights."

I decided to get some exercise (weather in the 60s and sunny first thing this morning - bliss, I tell ya!) in before this big adventure and while I was running and pushing 2 heavy kids in the jogger, I let them in on my secret and they were excited, of course. When we returned from our jog, Beth had left a message stating that she FORGOT and was working today so there would be no circus - Ummm, no comment.
I decided to go for it alone, and the kids loved it. We made Holly some food and medicated her before we left. We packed a picnic for the car and even had a small box of Barnum's Circus Animal Crackers. I knew Evy would love it. She has been to the circus every year since she was two. This was Reed's first circus trip, and I was not sure he would be thrilled with the darkness, loud noise and sitting still for hours. He did great, clapped, laughed and asked to go bye-bye only a few times. We did leave before the show officially ended but the kids had seen enough, and I was satified that they were satisfied.
Evyn's Favorite part: "The lions and the people doing tricks on the bouncy tires."
Reed's favorite part: "The motorcycles riding around in the ball and the lights."

1 comment:
Hey Shannon! We went on Friday night ourselves and Tyler loved the motorcycles in the ball too. He also loved the elephants. Did you all get to see the "baby" elephant and get to see her "skipping" off stage? :-)
Too cute!!
Post a Comment