I helped in Reed's class yesterday, serving hot chocolate for Read Across America Day (and Dr. Seuss' birthday) and one of his classmates went home with the stomach crud which seems to be making its way around the school right now.
When Reed did not eat much breakfast and complained that his stomach hurt this morning, I was a little concerned that he was getting the stomach crud too. He went on to school, knowing that I would pick him up if he started feeling worse, or I said he could leave with me when I was there to help in his class if he still was not feeling well.
When I saw him in his class late morning, he did not say a word about feeling bad and he had just returned from eating lunch. I mentioned to his teacher that he was complaining of a stomach ache this morning. She said he seemed fine and then recalled something he told her earlier in the morning. He said, "Mrs. W, I am not going to be at school on Thursday because I am going to be throwing up." Of course, I thought it was hilarious...his teacher, not so much.
Once center time was over and I was getting ready to leave his class, Reed grabbed his stuff from his cubby and started to walk out with me. After chatting with he and his teacher, I let him come home with me with the understanding that he had to lie in bed, no games, no Legos. I think he just needed to rest. He was jumping around and seemed fine by the time evening rolled around. Let's just hope he does not truly end up spending his Thursday throwing up.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment