Sunday, March 14, 2010

Speaking of Love....

There are things that parents just do. They lose sleep to feed their babies, they take off work to nurse their sick children, they calm fears, diffuse frustrations, cart their children around in the evening to sports practice, and parents of scouts sit out in front of stores with a group of hyperactive girlies to sell (or harass people into buying) Gir.l Sc.out cookies to earn money for their troops.

After this weekend, I feel like I should earn a damn patch or a free night out or something for hauling cookies, a table and signs around so my daughter could earn a pain in the ass patch that I will puncture my finger trying to sew on the back of a little blue vest....maybe I will try superglue this time.

I have had a school-related fund raising project I have been working on, my usual weekly volunteer duties, the baby and I have also had to sort through 157 boxes of cookies that Evyn sold and arrange delivery of said cookies (props to Holly for helping with the cookie sorting). That stuff on top of the normal chaos that my life has become these days and then spending my precious weekend time with my darling daughter selling cookies. I survived. I put a smile on my PMS-y face and everything. Why would I torture myself like that? It was all about love for a child, as Jaso.n M.raz would say.

1 comment:

mimi said...

How well I know what you do all for athe love of a child.