Thursday, April 3, 2008

Attitudes and Band-Aids

Reed is trying to squeeze one more threenager phase in before his third year officially ends next month. For example, he stated very loudly "JEs- SUS" in the middle of Pet Club and with such attitude and irritation because I told him we were not buying something.... I suppose it could have definitely been worse (which is something I always think when something like this happens), but the store was so quiet and his outburst seemed to echo. Umm, yeah, time to go. The other part of his latest phase is d.r.a.m.a. He is giving us serious Evyn flashbacks with needing Band Aids on every tiny bump, red, pink or even non-existent marks. Once you put one on his practically imaginary wound, he limps around or holds him arm down, will not bend it, etc. until something takes his mind off of the drama. He moans and groans and it is all we can do to keep from cracking up. This is a child who has been frightened by Band Aids his entire life up until a week or so ago. Now, he is obsessed.

No comments: